Preparring for the road ahead...
There are four stages of planning when funding a college education; Just Starting, In the Process, Approaching College, and Currently Enrolled. It is important that you know the stage you are in and the options available to you.
Our Strategic Planning Process consists of:
- Process Review and Information
- Needs Analysis & Asset Assessment
- Recommendations Review
- Plan Implementation
Click on the Planning Stages below to learn more about the stage you are in, the options available to you and how we can help.
Phase 1 - Just Starting
If you do not have answers to any of the questions in the Basics section, you are in the Just Starting stage of the planning process. Depending on your age, "time" is often an asset that can pay dividends down the road. Waiting to begin a savings plan can have a huge impact on results.
Phase 3 - Approaching College
Approaching Retirement can be an exciting, and sometimes stressful stage in the planning process. We find that most of our clients have many questions and concerns in this stage, such as:
- Can I retire at my desired age?
- have I saved enough?
- How long will my money last?
- When/How do I file for my Pension and/or Social Security benefits?
- How do I maximize my Pension or Social Security benefits?
- Which assets are taxable?
- Will I need Long Term Care?